There is a new national pastime these days: online opinion-slinging!
"I used to wish I could read minds. And then I got Facebook!"
Sometimes instead of being "friends" on social media, we have frenemies: someone who appears on the surface to be our friend, but stealthily, they are really an enemy.
Colossians 4: 5-6 serves as a grid to run our words through before speaking them, especially online:
- Is this comment wise?
- Will writing this comment help me display God's love to outsiders?
- Is this comment full of grace?
- Is this comment seasoned with salt?
- Have I asked God if this is the best response?
- Salt enhances flavor
- Salt preserves.
- Salt is valuable.
- Salt purifies and softens.
- Salt melts hard ice.
Our human default setting is to have hard hearts and thin skins. We need to flip that script and be tenderhearted and thick skinned.
Enjoy the video and when you are done, Share in the comments box about what part of the video had the most impact on you!
Having trouble viewing the video in your email? Click here to visit the blog.