Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week 3: Wednesday

Let's continue on with chapter 5.

In the video, Karen said, "Our human default setting is to have hard hearts and thin skins.  We need to flip that script and be tenderhearted and thick-skinned."

While we should be careful to examine our motives carefully- making sure we aren't trying to poke a hole in someone's happiness or make another person feel bad-  we shouldn't always jump to conclusions about the motives of others.

Can you think of an example from your life when you were thin-skinned (let an offense rattle you)  and it hardened your heart?

How might possessing thick skin in that situation instead have led to a tender heart?  Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Enjoy a midweek musical break below....


2 comments:

  1. I have very thin skin... always have. I take things to heart and let a lot of things get to me. I have the tendency to over analyze things people say, thus possibly twisting the motives of others. I very rarely ever vocalize my hurt feelings or let people know what they've said has gotten to me, pretending to "suck it up", which then causes me to internalize those feelings and has caused me to harden my heart towards people at certain times. It's gotten a little better over the years, but I could definitely benefit from thicker skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretend my skin is thick when it actually isn't. I have taken things personally which can sometimes lead to developing a hard heart.

    ReplyDelete